Sunday, March 1, 2009

Summer isn't over!


It's true, even though summer isn´t over, we all have to go back to school. I go back to teach and my kids go back to learn, study and socialize.
This has been an interesting summer. It started sort of early, but I'm not sure if getting that old that I feel that time flies or what?
Bruno (7) spent lots of time playing with his animals, dinosaurs, insects (all plastic), etc. While he enjoys watching movies in english and spanish. I wonder what he likes most.
This has been the summer where he has open his language to everyone. He's not as shy, except around gurls...a little. But he has enjoyed experimenting with Robotics. He really liked to play with the LEGO Robotics kits at school. He also learned to swim and loved it from the beginning.
Fabrizio has been stretching his links with computers, internet, and video games. It started very innocently sharing some games with other kids and all of a sudden he was captured by the magic of Mario Bros. He spends lots of time fooling around the computer. I allow him to do that because he's learning quite a lot just by interacting with it searching for online games, downloading games, and images for the desktop. Even though he's been assisted by his nanny, he's showing clear signs of digital nativeness.
My time has been like an eye blink. Only a few hours until I meet all my students again. I'm happy and challenged, it's a new academic year full of novelties and changes.
Love,
GL.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: